Monday, November 17, 2008

Ironman 2004 - Movie!

I did my first Ironman in 2004. At the time, I didn't know anyone who had done the race. It was a life changing experience for me. I was grateful that my family was there to support me and share the experience. Four years later, I decided to give it another try. This time around, Lisa decided she'd accept the challenge too.

Midway through my training for Ironman 2008, I suffered a knee injury and almost threw in the towel. That all changed when my brother, who was visiting me from Santiago Chile, gave me this movie he made. He inspired me to rehabilitate my knee and to persevere. Now that race day is nearly here, I thought I'd share his movie with you.

Some things to note before you watch this. First, this movie comes from the heart. Brad filmed every minute of the movie himself. He must have run a marathon just to get all the footage! Second, Brad and I are movie geekers so the movie might seem a bit overly dramatic. Third, be patient with the pre and post race footage. . . keep in mind this movie wasn't made for the blog. I didn't want to edit it in anyway because it shows how special this race was to me and my family.

Thank you Brad for this wonderfully touching movie. I'll cherish it forever! Thank you Kenneth for adding it to my blog.

Enjoy!

Part One (4 minutes)


Part Two (8 minutes)


Some photo credits. . . the little guy on the beach is my eldest son Brant (at age 3), the cute blonde is my brother's wife Jennifer, the guy flexing his muscles is my brother Brad, the guy with the Jurassic sized waffle cone is my dad, the Hawaiian lady is my mama, the Japanese lady is Lisa's mom, the bearded fellow is Lisa's Dad and the other folks wearing the Ironman shirts are Lisa's brother's family.

Oh yes, that is my son Brant at the end of the movie too (at age 7). I can't let him down, now can I?