Thursday, March 19, 2009

1 More Mile To Go!

I'm feeling 100% now after a week of swimming. I got 1.5 miles in on Sunday (tough swim with a sore neck), 2 more miles Monday (neck felt much better), and 1.5 miles in yesterday (strong swim). The water temperature is up to 54 now. It is tough to imagine the 48 degree days of January and February.

If all goes well, tomorrow morning should be 40 miles! We are celebrating with coffee and doughnuts after the swim. I'm pretty sure everyone in our 6 a.m. swim group (6-8 swimmers) will complete the 2008 - 2009 Polar Bear tomorrow. It was a really tough season. I started thinking "I'll easily hit 50 miles this year." As it turns out, I'll be so happy just to get my 40 in tomorrow.

I really excited about our 'last' swim tomorrow and very grateful to only have to swim 1 mile tomorrow to finish it up.