Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Fish Out of Water - 1st MTB of 2009!


(Ed, me, and Rick)

Last night Ed, Rick and I revived the Wednesday night mountain bike ride tradition. 2 years ago I had a standing mountain bike ride every Wednesday night. I had a couple takers here and there, but my friend Dave was a constant. He wasn't always prepared, but he always rode. In fact, one ride he forgot his MTB shoes and rode the 12 mile loop in wing tips! Dave moved to Florida and the rides stopped.

It was great to be back on trail. The weather was comfortably cool. We saw and heard tons of deer and a family of raccoons. The trail was well groomed but a bit dusty due to the lack of rain.

Rick was the powerhouse - I don't think he ever got off the bike. It was Ed's first night ride, he was wide-eyed the whole ride. I battled with my bike, which was in dire need of a tune up, but I still had a great ride.

After the ride we warmed up with some homemade chili and beer. I forgot to mention, Rick is a Miller Genuine Draft sponsored athlete - which makes him a good dude to know. MGD 64 is awesome!

If you are local and have a MTB feel free to join us anytime!