Friday, March 30, 2007

Qualifying swim scheduled (4/1/2007)


The arrangements have been made for my qualifying swim. It will take place this Sunday at Aquatic Park at 9:30 am. Bob Morelli will be my pilot for the 3.1 open water swim.

I’m optimistic, but have yet to complete the actual course. My last attempt to swim the break wall with Nobu was cut short due to strong currents outside the cove. I expect the swim will take about 90 minutes. I’ll post again Sunday evening with the swim results.

Here is a recap of training this week:

Monday – Rest
Tuesday – Masters swim (1 hour 1,800 yds)
Wednesday – Dolphin Club bay swim (30 minutes, 1 mile)
Thursday – Masters swim (1 hour, 1,900 yds)
Friday – Dolphin Club bay swim (30 minutes, 1 mile)
Saturday – Rest
Sunday – Qualifying SAR swim (3.1 miles)

Above is a picture of Aquatic Park at sunrise I took after a swim with the Dolphin club.