Thursday, May 24, 2007

Event schedule


The race is two days away. I’m getting fairly anxious at this point. Alcatraz has always been visible during my commute but lately seems further from shore and larger then I remembered.

Yesterday was last swim before the race. My conditioning today is what it will be on race day. No better no worse. The mental aspect of the race has already begun.

Below is the official event schedule. We are planning a BBQ at my house sometime after the event. I'll post details tomorrow.

OFFICIAL EVENT SCHEDULE:

FRIDAY MAY 25th -
4:00 P.M to 5 P.M. - PRACTICE SWIM FOR SAR REGISTERED SWIMMERS AQUATIC PARK
5:30 P.M. - RACE BRIEFING - AT AQUATIC PARK - WATER WORLD SWIM COACHES WILL BRIEF RESULTS OF TEST SWIM AND TIDES AND CURRENTS FOR NEXT DAY
5:30 P.M. - PRESS and TV INTERVIEWS
PHOTOGRAPHY SESSION - ALL PARTICIPANTS by WWS EVENT PHOTOGRAPHER COLIN GIFT
6:00 P.M. - DINNER AT CAPURRO'S ( 498 Jefferson St, San Francisco, CA 94109 )
FOR REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS ( $10.00) - GUESTS $ 25.00

SATURDAY MAY 26th
6:30 A.M. -REGISTRATION OPEN
7:30 A.M. -BRIEFING
8:00 A.M. -SWIM STARTS (tentative)
11:00 A.M. -AWARDS CEREMONY