Monday, May 7, 2007

S.F. Film Festival and Wildflower Results


The San Francisco International film festival is going on this week. Kenneth told me about an Argentine long-distance swimming film featured this year. I'll try to go see it Wednesday and post a review. E-mail me if you are interested in joining me for the show.

"Agua (Movie) -
With striking camerawork, innovative sound effects and a dramatic twist, this minimalist tale of two Argentine swimmers at different places in their careers plunges viewers into the mental variance, physical fatigue and sensory awareness of the long-distance athlete.""

Congrats to my fellow Dolphin Club members who participated in the 25th anniversary Wildflower Triathlon this weekend. Nobu swam the first leg of a relay team. I am sure the water felt like a warm ofuro compared to the bay. Mark and Sunny competed in their 14th Wildflower. They placed 5th and 2nd in their respective age groups. The 'initiated' know how tough Wildflower can be due to the heat, never-ending climbs and early season calendar. Well done everyone! I'll see you in the water!