Sunday, April 15, 2007

Kobold Report!

After 7 weeks of training, my Kobold is performing flawlessly. It has been on my wrist for every training swim and has been the subject of many compliments around the office. It truly is an amazing timepiece.

When there is chop in the bay, my swim stroke is anything but graceful. It is more like a violent punch into freezing cold water than a swim stroke.
I am averaging about 6 miles a week now. That is more than 10,500 yards. I cover 25 yards in about 8 strokes. Thus, my Kobold endures 3,500 'violent punches' every week.

It has been in the 50 degree waters of the bay, covered
with sand and salt, spent hours in chlorinated pools and has been in and out of hot tubs and saunas. Despite this abuse, my Kobold is running at +2 seconds a day and could pass as new. So far, the score is Kobold 1, Alcatraz 0.

Click on the photos to view full size images, it is the only way to appreciate the craftsmanship of Kobold.