Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Who dares to swim in the bay at 6 am?


After two days off, I hit the bay this morning at 6 am. It was much lighter out this morning. Here is a CLASSIC picture of the usual morning crew at the Dolphin Club. From left to right you see Jon, Sunny and Mark.

Jon is very generous and is always smiling. He is the former president of the Dolphin Club and has been swimming in the bay for nearly 20 years. I thanked Jon for sharing his space with me and he replied that 20 years earlier his co-worker invited him for a swim and he was merely returning the favor.

Sunny and Mark and super nice folks. I was surprised to meet their grand-daughter at the club one morning. I was surprised because they are superstar triathletes and in better shape than any 20 year old I’ve ever met. This morning Mark casually mentioned he went biking with Floyd yesterday. My brain was still thawing, so it took a moment to register. . . Landis? I asked. Yep, he replied. Check out Sunny and Mark’s web page.

Huge congrats to Nobu for joining us this morning! Poor Nobu had a tough start as he forgot everything but his wetsuit. Borrowed cap, goggles, towel is no way to start your first dark swim. He swam well and was all smiles when we returned to the beach. I hope he joins us on Friday morning.